Finance for Non-Financial Managers
All our seminars are available on different dates and at a variety of locations.
This three-day course is held at our five Pitman Training centres in Scotland and helps managers become financially aware giving them the confidence to read, understand, interpret and question the many jargon filled financial reports that cross the manager’s desk every month. This potentially heavy and technical subject is brought to life through a combination of presentation and discussion sessions, videos and practical workshops.
This course is appropriate for managers who attend meetings where financial reports are discussed or are asked to review financial reports and would benefit from a better understanding of the jargon and concepts involved in financial statements.
Days one and two cover the following topics;
- The jargon used by accountants
- Learn how to see the big picture by understanding the concepts involved
- How profits (or losses) are calculated and presented in the Profit and Loss Account
- What a balance sheet tells us about the business
- The importance of cash flows and understanding the significance of the difference between profits and cash
- How costing methods and systems are used to provide managers with relevant information for effective decision making
- How budgets are constructed and the manager’s role in the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
Day three will cover;
- How to apply the knowledge gained in Days one and two, to be able to read and understand the published financial statements of many different types of companies (including your own)
- The techniques that will allow you to assess the performance of a business
- How to perform and interpret numerical analysis techniques such as common-sizing and vertical or trend analysis on any set of financial statements
- How to perform and interpret the results of ratio analysis on any set of financial statements to assess the performance of a business in the key areas of profitability, liquidity, working capital management, gearing and investor returns.
Contact us today for further details on this seminar.
Thanks for searching.
At present, we don't have a seminar scheduled on your selected subject. However, as our programme is constantly changing, there may well be one planned in the near future. We also offer a full range courses on many different subjects, which may suit your needs. Please call us to find out how we can help you get the skills you need.