Applying for jobs
All our seminars are available on different dates and at a variety of locations.
This one-day seminar is perfect for anyone who is looking to apply for a new job. You will learn how to write an unmissable CV and writing a perfect cover letter to ensure you secure yourself an interview.
Offered at a wide choice of training locations this seminar provides intensive tutor-led personal development training.
Having completed the seminar, you will have a personalised workbook with exercises, individual notes and a concise personal action plan to ensure that the skills learnt on this course will be successfully applied when applying for a new job or promotion within your present employment. Plus you will have gained a widely recognised Pitman Training certificate.
Key topics include how to;
- Learn to identify already-acquired strengths, skills and experience.
- Identify ways to present these to the best advantage in written forms.
- Create compelling CVs, application forms and covering letters.
- Develop strong techniques in all aspects of job applications to give you the competitive edge in the job market.
As the cornerstone of successful job hunting is an effective CV; this seminar considers CV's in detail including;
- Why CVs are important: employer's needs; making the CV individual; securing the interview.
- Achievements to date: what should be included, such as qualifications and experience.
- Getting the style of your CV right: avoiding the pitfalls.
In addition, we also cover;
Researching the job: understanding the qualities required; identifying how suitable the job is for you; matching your CV to the advert.
Researching yourself: identifying achievements and interest; emerging patterns; highlight skills and relevant experience.
The Covering Letter - The model letter: reasons for writing; persuasive writing. Letter format: standard length; language; presentation. Good and bad letter styles.
The Application Form - The purpose of applications forms: standard formats; easy reference. Completing the form: the importance of accuracy; honesty; presentation; how to use your CV in conjunction with the application form.
Contact us today for further details on this seminar.
Thanks for searching.
At present, we don't have a seminar scheduled on your selected subject. However, as our programme is constantly changing, there may well be one planned in the near future. We also offer a full range courses on many different subjects, which may suit your needs. Please call us to find out how we can help you get the skills you need.