This is the professionally-written route to gaining your ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) qualification. The course is split into different modules that focus on subjects such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IT fundamentals. All the modules are designed to give you the skills you need to fit your future career plans.
The Town of Wembley is part of the London Borough of Brent. It is home to the famous “Wembley Stadium”, “Wembley Arena”, and elegant “White Horse Bridge” which was also designed by the London Eye architects. Wembley also has a high degree of ethnic diversity. We are also famous for “wembley market” held on most Sundays, a great place to find quality products for great prices.
Over the past 143 years Pitman Training has been offering world class training and has constantly improved methods and courses to meet the needs of students who wish to improve their skills.
We offer a professional and welcoming environment for academic and personal growth. Established in 2001, the centre has since maintained a reputation for providing an educational experience of the highest quality.
In the centre we have two modern computer labs comprising of most-up-to date Computers. For students studying IT Technical training courses, we have another Lab equipped with Servers, Workstations, Routers and Switches where they can get more hands on experience.
We also operate as a Testing Centre for AAT Qualifications, BCS ECDL exams, IAB, OCR, AMSPAR, City and Guilds, BULATS, CILEx, University of Cambridge ESOL, CACHE, RSPH, BIIAB.
In the centre there’s a common student room, kitchen available; and all students have easy access to it where they can have tea, coffee and refreshments along with filtered drinking water.
Our experienced careers advisors provide support to prospective students to choose suitable courses; on changing careers and also provide free job search support for all students including CV preparation, interview techniques and tips, help with covering letters and filling job applications. Many of our team are fluent in different languages (English, Hindi, Tamil, Sinhaleese, Gujarati) and come from different fields, such as customer service, IT, HR and accounting. These factors combined adds good value in providing excellent services to students. Our training supervisors are highly knowledgeable about the courses being offered to ensure that students are given the best support and training.
Our training Courses and Diplomas allow maximum flexibility. Here are some of the key features: -
- Our tried and trusted teaching methods are the best available and are designed for speedy results;
- You work at your own pace in our comfortable Training Centre, helped by experienced tutors as required
- The learning atmosphere is relaxed and non-competitive
- You choose your own hours, working when it suits you and keep the excellent reference books and training manuals when the course is completed
- On completion of your final exam, you will receive a Pitman Training Certificate, Award or a Diploma that is recognised nationally and internationally by employers.
Pitman Training Wembley offers career-oriented educational programs leading to IT, Accounting and Finance, Management, Medical Secretarial and Legal Secretarial courses. We also offer CACHE Childcare training, Cambridge ESOL and Food Hygiene Training Courses.
Pitman Training Wembley has good links with local employers so we are able to guarantee students with work placements in their related fields after course completion. 95% of our Medical Secretarial and Accounting students have found jobs in their chosen careers.
Accreditations and Local links
In addition to Pitman Training’s national accreditations and links, Pitman Training Wembley has direct relationships with a number of key organisations and awarding bodies.
- The Association of Accounting Technician's (for AAT exams)
- City and Guilds (for AMSPAR/CILEx/ESOL Qualifications)
- British Accreditation Council (BAC) Authorised College
- Microsoft IT Academy Partner
- CompTIA Authorised Training Partner
- The Chartered Institute for IT – Authorised BCS test centre (for ECDL/etype exams)
- The Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland - CIOBS (for Banking exams)
- British Institute of Inn-keeping Awarding Body (BIIAB) - APLH (for Personal Licensing exams)
- The Business Language Testing Service – BULATS Online Test centre
- University of Cambridge / City and Guilds (for ESOL courses)
- Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education - CACHE (for childcare training)
- The Royal Society for Public Health - RSPH (for food hygiene)
We also have strong relations with local employers and recruitment agencies who provide work placements for our students to get experience in the relevant field