Why learn English as a foreign language?
As the international language of business, commerce and the Internet, English language courses are a must-have for anyone looking to improve their communication skills.
With Pitman Training’s beginner English courses, there is an opportunity to go from limited language knowledge to speaking, reading and writing English with confidence.
Explore our Learn English
Learning English online with Pitman Training
- Pitman Training is well-respected among recruiters and has been since its inception in 1837. A Pitman Training qualification is considered a mark of excellence for any employee.
- Our range of English courses online covers everything from reading, writing, listening and speaking to business communications.
- If you are short on time but eager to progress quickly, we also provide intensive English for beginners’ courses to fast-track your learning.
- You can combine your English language course with a related Pitman Training course to enhance your skills and improve your employability.
- Our English learning courses can be found across the UK with courses running all year long. If traveling to a training centre isn’t convenient, you can learn how to speak English by accessing your course online from home.
- You can choose to train any time you like. Whether it is full-time or part-time, you’ll enjoy a flexible schedule that fits your timetable.
Career opportunities for English language learners
- Those looking to pursue a career in EFL teaching or translation should expect salaries to start from £23,000.
- Enhance your English speaking and writing skills with a related Pitman Training course, such as general office skills, accounting, IT, and marketing.
- Learning English as a second language is a valuable skill for those looking to work internationally, while also boosting your CV for communications-related roles.
Learn English courses available
We assess your English skills and ask you about your interests and goals before you get started in order to provide you with dynamic, engaging content appropriate to your level and interests.
For beginners who are looking to improve their English speaking, reading and writing skills, our Pitman English course will guide you through the basics. These courses take approximately 60 hours.
For more advanced learners, our English Diploma helps you learn the foundations of English while expanding your understanding of business communications and social media. Our Pitman English diplomas take slightly longer, at 75 hours.
Whichever English language course you choose, whether online or in-centre, our experienced course tutors are with you every step of the way.
Just contact us for a free, friendly career consultation with the training experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a tutor-led training seminar a better way for you to learn?
Absolutely, tutor-led seminars, commonly known as instructor-led training sessions, offer an engaging and interactive approach to learning. Led by seasoned professionals, these sessions ensure a deeper understanding of the subject matter, providing immediate feedback and personalized attention. Whether it’s employee training or corporate skill development, these instructor-led sessions encourage direct interaction, fostering an environment conducive to active learning. At Pitman Training, our extensive collection of tutor-led training videos combines the flexibility of online learning with the live guidance of expert instructors.
Are the courses approved?
Yes our courses are accredited by awarding bodies and accepted by all employers.
When do the courses start?
We have monthly intakes for every course, please enquire to find out more.
I work nights, can I study part-time?
Yes, we recommend all our students allocate 8 to 10 hours per week. All our courses take up to 3 months to complete and our diplomas take up to 1 year.
Who will train me?
Some of our certifications are studied online using our interactive platform and some of our diplomas are conducted via online seminars.
Do I study online or at a training centre?
We offer a blended learning approach. Our courses and diplomas can be studied remotely from the comfort of your own home. You also have the option to also study in our centers if you prefer face-to-face learning.
If I fail an exam?
One re-sit is provided for our courses. However, we have a very high pass rates in completing the assessments.
Can I pay back over a period of time?
Yes, we offer various payment plans up to 36 months to help split the cost over a manageable period of time.
What is the cost?
Our costs vary for our courses and diplomas and start from as little as £20 per month over a 36-month payment plan period. Fill in the form to find out more.
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include: –
- Flexible payment plans to help you spread the cost* available at many of our centres;
- You could opt to pay upfront.
Requesting funding from your employers needn’t be a daunting task. Many employers support and encourage their employees with their professional development and consider it a worthwhile investment to fund any training required.
What we can help with:
- Providing a comprehensive training programme outlining learning outcomes
- Tailored personnel letters
- Communication with finance departments to arrange payment options (upfront or payment plan*).
Funding & Grants:
There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. These include the Skills Development Scotland ITAs and the ReAct programme in Wales. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by each individual centre.
We’d recommend you speak to a Course Advisor in your local centre to find out whether they are registered to offer any such schemes and discuss your requirements further.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you.
A great diploma that can help open the doors to a variety of careers thanks to its unique tailor-made set up. You could work towards any number of office administration type careers in roles such as Medical Secretary, Legal Secretary, PA, EA or Office Manager. Alternatively, you could utilise the skills gained to kick-start a rewarding career in an accounting role with positions such as Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant or Finance Assistant.