As you develop as a senior manager you need to start to think and handle yourself very differently. You are even less involved in the day to delivery of the work. Your success depends on your ability to manage managers, mentor and inspire others. Your people skills need even more finesse because there is more at stake; your Emotional Intelligence comes to the fore as people look to you to set the tone and the organisational culture. This 1-day master class helps you become an inspiring leader.
To share methodologies and techniques that will enable you to:
- Identify the main types of leadership style
- Identify the main characteristics of different theories of leadership – trait, transactional, etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply different leadership styles and characteristics to different business situations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problems associated with leading change in an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of different leadership approaches to a problem
- Develop emotional intelligence skills
- Demonstrate mentoring techniques
- Understand the importance of starting with your ‘Why’