Our Microsoft Word course is designed to provide you with the essential skills you will need to be proficient in Word, in a work environment, in as short a time as possible.
We are situated on Holywell Street just around the corner from the famous Crooked Spire – Chesterfield’s prominent landmark.
Our training Centre is open-plan, light and airy and offers a calm and friendly working environment with support and assistance from experienced staff.
The centre is operated by Carla Hudson and her team. Carla has over 25 years’ experience in training and really understands the skills and qualities being sought by local employers.
Our friendly and supportive team are all previous students of Pitman Training Chesterfield and offer guidance and support throughout your learning.
You can be assured of receiving a warm welcome - our training Centre is open-plan, light and airy and offers a calm and friendly working environment with support and assistance from experienced staff. We have two training rooms with over 30 computer workstations. As well as daytimes, we are also open late night until 8 pm on a Tuesday & Thursday as well as Saturday mornings to give you completely flexibility to fit the learning around your busy life.
If you're unable to attend the Centre to complete your learning, for whatever reason, we can offer the majority of our modules via distance learning, using our Pitman Campus, giving you complete flexibility as to where and when you study. We have students that study with us from throughout Derbyshire & South Yorkshire including Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield, Derby & Worksop.
Training With Us
Reasons for training are personal and depend on aspirations and experience to date. Our Chesterfield Course Advisers are skilled at understanding your needs and will be able to help you choose the best course for you. We combine an analysis of your experience to date, future goals and our knowledge of the local employment market to help you choose the best options for you.
At Pitman Training Chesterfield we believe that training is an important step in achieving your goals. It is vital to select the right course – one that will provide you with the skills you need to get the job you want. You may just need a quick course to top up existing skills or a Diploma Programme to help you switch careers.
You can make a no obligation appointment to have a discussion with one of our Course Advisors and discover where we are, what we do and how we do it. You will get a feel for how the training works and see the learning environment for yourself.
Learning can be completed at our Chesterfield training centre (where you will receive full support from our experienced staff), at home, in the workplace or wherever suits you. You can start your training at any time and learn full time or part time, evenings and/or weekends.
Why choose to train with us?
- Training is flexible and fits around your life and commitments
- Our courses are designed to give you job-ready, real world skills
- You can improve or gain new skills in just a matter of days/weeks
- We have a calm and friendly working environment with support and assistance from experienced staff
- One-to-one help is always on hand – one reason why we have a 95% pass rate!
- Over 50% of learners secure employment within 3 months of completing training
- We are passionate about what we do and want you to succeed
In addition to our Pitman Training Courses we are an Accredited Examinations Centre for numerous bodies including:
- OCR - (Text Processing Business Professional – levels 1, 2 & 3)
- BCS - Computer & Online Basics, ECDL Essentials & Extra
- City & Guilds - Medical Terminology
- AAT – Book-Keeping & Accounts (Levels 1 – 4)
- IAB – Book-Keeping, Accounts & Payroll
We also host exams for:
- Chartered Institute of Banking Scotland (CIOBS)
- Lift and Elevator Industry Association (LEIA)