About Our Training Centre
Welcome to Pitman Training Bristol. Whatever your motivation, we can help achieve your goals and offer you a unique, flexible learning experience.
In our Post Pandemic world, having the right skills to ensure you remain at the forefront of the skills market has never been more important. Pitman Training Bristol is proud to be leading the challenge of passing on relevant skills to local learners aimed at the local job market. These real world skills are supporting our learners to achieve real work qualifications and find permanent employment in fields our students want careers in.
Our open plan, light and airy training centre is perfect for focusing on your own development without the hustle and bustle of every day home and work situations. If you can’t study full time in centre, then our fully integrated online learning management system will let you study from almost anywhere. But, we will still be in centre, here to help you get over any stumbling blocks and provide you with all the support necessary to ensure that you achieve your learning goals.
Pitman Training Bristol’s wide range of career and business training includes many IT technical, Microsoft Office, Legal and Medically oriented qualifications. Whether your new career will include Coding and Software Design or completing the paperwork for someone’s new home, using our unique integrated learning platform you’ll join the 1000s we have already trained with skills for a brighter future.
How to find us
We are easy to find, located in the busy area of St Phillips, we are less than a 10 minute walk from the Temple Meads train station and Cabot Circus.
Our Postcode: BS2 0PL
We are supporting students by phone Monday to Saturday, 10am – 6pm. Get in touch to book your session today!
Old Market St Phillips,
With 180+ years of changing lives, Pitman Training has the courses and diplomas you need. Whether you’re learning new skills, rejoining the workforce, or training a whole team, we’ve got you covered.
Popular Courses & Diplomas
Microsoft Excel is the world’s most popular spreadsheet program. In Part 1, you will learn how to use the core features of Excel, such as…
Sage 50 Accounts
Sage 50 Accounts will equip you with the skills you need to get a good job in an accounts department, or to work for yourself…
Microsoft Office Courses
Our Microsoft Word course is designed to provide you with the essential skills you will need to be proficient in Word, in a work environment,…
Touch Typing Courses
In just 25 hours speeds of 20-40+ words per minute are perfectly achievable, even if you have little prior experience. Comprising 10 lessons, you’ll also…
Executive Personal Assistant (PA) Diploma
This diploma programme offers world-class Executive PA training. It is designed to give you the broad range of skills required to help you stand out…
Medical Secretary Courses & Diplomas
Medical Secretary Diploma
Option to gain an AMSPAR Level 2 and/or Level 3 Qualification Our Medical Secretary training is recognised as being one of the best programmes in…
Legal Secretary Courses & Diplomas
Legal Secretary Diploma with CILEx Level 2 Qualification
This diploma combines the high quality, professional training you come to expect from Pitman Training with specialist course materials from the renowned CILEx (The Chartered…
Top 10 reasons to choose Pitman Training Bristol!
- A Warm Welcome: Enjoy the comfort of a dedicated learning space which encourages you to retain information.
- Experienced Learning Coaches: Our coaches will provide all the support and help you’ll need to be successful in your training giving help and advice on completing your studies.
- Competency-Based Learning: Our unique learning system ensures you understand the subject before moving onto the next section.
- Hands-On training: Our learning style is practical. Build your knowledge by using the programs and skills you are learning to complete your Diploma.
- Flexible Study: Whether you are looking for an online learning option or want one-to-one support, our courses are available in centre, from home or work, meaning you can learn when you have time.
- Skills That Are In Demand Locally: Our Diploma courses in Accounting, Legal and Medical, PA and Admin and our IT Technical programs will give you the skills that jobs in Bristol are advertising for.
- Short, Effective Modules: Building you skills via a mixture of short, focussed modules, means your skills expand quicker and you are ready for that new challenge sooner.
- Devoted Career Coach: Our Centre in Bristol is managed by an experienced recruitment consultant, with over 20 years working both temporary and permanent desks in and around Bristol. In addition to your career focused training, we’ll help you build a CV that advertises you like never before, on top of which our package of FREE employability resources will ensure that your career takes off and keeps going.
- You’ll Never Be Behind: Because you learn when you want, you’ll always find your studies right where you left them, whenever you are free to pick up a lesson.
- Start Immediately: Don’t wait for a new year or new term. Start right away and begin getting the skills to a better tomorrow, today!
Top 5 Business and Career training options!
Pitman Training’s courses are nationally recognised, and we offer qualifications including AAT, AMSPAR, ECDL, MOS, CILEx, ACA and CompTIA amongst others.
- IT Technical, Web Developer and Software Developer – Study in this field if you want to work as a Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer, design web pages or become a Data Analyst. Qualifications such as CompTIA A+ will open the door to this exciting industry.
- HR – Study in this field if you want to work in any environment where you help or are responsible for the management of staff. Learn the skills needed to recruit and manage a team professionally.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping – This option will help you into a number of roles. Whether that be purchase or sales ledger, managing Sage accounts or supporting and running a payroll team. Complete your qualifications with AAT the will make you CV stand out.
- Microsoft Office – Learn Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or any of the office suite. Every company which has a PC in the workplace needs you to be confident using the office suite.
- Communication Skills. – During the Pandemic we all learnt to work at home, on our own, via Teams and Zoom. Now we are back in the office, improve the way you communicate with your colleagues, peers and customers to get the best outcome possible!
There are many other options to pick from which will lead you towards a profitable and rewarding career. Our Learning and Development Manager will listen to what you want to achieve and will only ever recommend options based on your skills and aspirations.
To learn more about our courses and how we can help please contact us on:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0117 370 3352
WhatsApp/SMS us on 07511 221 428
At Pitman Training Bristol we understand that each student is unique, and so we place a huge emphasis on ensuring that you undertake the right course for you as an individual, or for your company or staff. We will work with you to discover which course suits your specific needs and help you to achieve your potential. Our training courses and diplomas will give you the skills and confidence to boost your career or to help make you or your team more effective in their current roles.
We offer Industry recognised exams for, IAB, OCR, City and Guilds and many more including our newly launched AAT Accounting Awards and Diplomas which have been endorsed by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
At Pitman Training Bristol we also work in partnership with AB Careers. Every Diploma student has the opportunity to work with a professional Job and Careers Coach. Alongside them we will work with you to provide specialist support in CV writing and application form completion, along with mock interviews and interview technique sessions. We pride ourselves in giving you the complete careers experience, so that not only do you have the skills employers are looking for, but you are completely prepared in the job market with a sparkling CV and guidance on how to impress at interview and achieve the job of your dreams.
Come and meet our professional team of advisors for a chat and see how we can help you.
If you are a business looking to expand or improve the skills of your staff, we have many years of experience of providing an exemplary service in this field. Pitman Training Bristol has helped countless businesses get the maximum from their staff with our tailor made training modules, designed to ensure that your needs as an employer are met. With our fully flexible training programmes, your employees can work around your requirements to ensure that your business needs are not disrupted whilst also improving the performance of your staff members.
Why not give us a call, or simply pop in for a cup of coffee and a chat to see how we can help your business.
As the market leader in the training industry there are many benefits to undertaking your training here at Pitman Training Bristol. These include:
- Friendly, professional course advisors and support staff to ensure you get the most from your learning experience.
- The advantage of our “blended learning” programme ensuring complete flexibility for you to study from home as well as in the Centre. Our revolutionary training system combines audio based study with the most comprehensive workbooks on the market, and is self-paced meaning that you study when you want to, where you want to.
- Our centre has extended opening hours and is open Saturday morning ensuring that course advisors are always on hand to assist you. You also have the added option of working from home, and our advisors are trained to give you the same level of support there as if you were in the centre. It’s entirely up to you.
- The chance to take an industry recognised exam/qualification as well as obtaining the Pitman Training Diplomas, recognised by employers across the country. These include; AAT, City & Guilds/AMSPAR, IAB, OCR, BCS
- Access to our Job Coach and Careers Consultancy service ensuring that you are fully prepared as you go and get that dream job.
If you are a business looking to increase the performance of your staff you can use our blended learning system to increase the potential of your business by upgrading or improving the skills of your staff whilst ensuring that your everyday business requirements are not disrupted.
If you are interested in Seminars for yourself or your staff then please contact us on 0117 905 9439 to find out more and to discuss how we can tailor these to your needs.
Our training centre in Bristol is rated 4.2 out of 5 based on 5 Facebook reviews. See all reviews.
On top of world-class training, we also offer career support and guidance:
- CV clinics
- One-to-one career advice sessions
- Interview tips
- Up to date local vacancy information
- Support from an experienced careers consultant
Our Bristol Family Includes Success Stories From All Walks Of Life
Student Success Stories
Pitman Training was a game-changer for me. I wanted to level up with Microsoft programs and have a better understanding of the legal secretary role. The courses were easy to follow, and I got quick results. Pitman Training’s flexible learning approach was a huge plus, and having a Learning Coach was awesome; they gave me great advice! Now, I’ve got top-notch Microsoft and admin skills for my CV, boosting my career confidence. Pitman Training? I’d recommend it in a heartbeat!
Nicola Williams – from a call centre to Executive PA
To help make her dream come true, Nicola completed the Executive PA Diploma; fitting her studies around her work and life commitments.
Kalina Sabcheva: A Pitman Training Success Story
Kalina Sabcheva, a professional with a background in teaching and team management at Argos, embarked on a journey of upskilling with Pitman Training. “I have a university degree from Bulgaria in teaching, and I was a team manager at Argos. I required a career change, which is why I chose Pitman.”
Johnathan gains valuable skills as he takes the next step in his career
Read what Johnathan said about his time training with us to gain valuable, work-ready skills…
Caroline Armon-Jones – Re-trains for Career Change
I have had a complete career change having spent several years at home with my children.