About Our Training Centre
Welcome to Pitman Training Southampton. We are one of the leading training providers in the South East, with the most highly-regarded name in the business and have transformed thousands of careers over the years.
In an ever-changing society, Pitman Training Southampton is proud to be at the forefront of supporting learners achieve real work qualifications and find permanent employment in fields our students want careers in. We are situated in the centre of Southampton located directly opposite the multi-storey car park on Eastgate Street and just a short walk from the local bus stop.
Pitman Training Southampton specialises in career and business training in a variety of areas, including many technical, Microsoft Office, Legal and Medically oriented qualifications. Whether it’s an online accounting course or a secretarial course which can be studied between home and centre, using our unique integrated learning platform we have already trained many local students with skills for a brighter future.
Top 10 reasons to choose Pitman Training Southampton!
- Learn at your own pace: Our courses are designed to fit around your current commitments.
- One to One support: Our dedicated centre has all the support and help you’ll need to be successful in your training and help you find that role you are looking for.
- Competency-Based learning: Our unique learning system ensures you understand the subject before moving onto the next section.
- Hands-On training: It is important to us that you can use your skills in the real world. Because we teach with a mixture of theory and practical assignments, you are always “doing” as you progress.
- Flexible study: Whether you are looking for an online learning option or want one-to-one support, our courses are available in centre, from home or work, meaning you can learn when you have time.
- Skills Employers want: Our Diploma courses in Accounting, Legal and Medical skills, PA and Admin, IT Technical programs and our Wed Design courses will give you the skills that local and national employers are in demand for.
- Short, Effective modules: Building you skills via a mixture of short, focussed modules, means your skills expand quicker and you are ready for that new challenge sooner.
- Relaxed learning environment: Our Centre in Southampton is suitable for people of all ages and all backgrounds. We work hard on keeping the environment relaxed and welcoming, whilst giving you the professional support you need to achieve the best results.
- You’ll never be behind: because you learn when you want, you’ll always find your studies right where you left them whenever you are free to pick up a lesson.
- Start Immediately: Don’t wait for a new year or new term. Start right away and begin getting the skills to a better tomorrow, today!
Top 5 Business and Career training options!
Pitman Training’s courses are nationally recognised, and we offer qualifications including AAT, AMSPAR, ECDL, MOS, CILEx, ACA and CompTIA amongst others.
IT Technical, Web Developer and Software Developer – Study in this field if you want to work as a Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer, design web pages or become a Data Analyst. Qualifications such as CompTIA A+ will open the door to this exciting industry.
Medical Secretary – Study in this field if you want to work in a hospital or doctors’ surgery. Learn Admin skills that are always in demand along with the medical terminology needed to write professional letters.
Accounting and Bookkeeping – This option will help you into a number of roles. Whether that be purchase or sales ledger, managing Sage accounts or supporting and running a payroll team. Complete your qualifications with AAT the will make you CV stand out.
Microsoft Office – Learn Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or any of the office suite. Every company which has a PC in the workplace needs you to be confident using the office suite.
Touch Typing – It may seem like an old skill but being able to type fast and accurately is as important today as ever. Use a computer? Learn to type without looking!
There are many other options to pick from which will lead you towards a profitable and rewarding career. Our Learning and Development Manager will listen to what you want to achieve and will only ever recommend options based on your skills and aspirations.
To learn more about our courses and how we can help please contact us on:
How to find us
Pitman Training Southampton is located above Tandem Designs and directly opposite the entrance to the NCP Car park on Eastgate street. Conveniently located close by there are bus stops both at the top and bottom of East Street. Just across the road from for Debenhams, look for the Eastgate NCP car park sign and you will find the centre with ease.
We are supporting students by phone Monday to Saturday, 10am – 6pm. Get in touch to book your session today!
1st Floor, The Gallery
31 Eastgate Street
Southampton SO14 3HB
With 180+ years of changing lives, Pitman Training has the courses and diplomas you need. Whether you’re learning new skills, rejoining the workforce, or training a whole team, we’ve got you covered.
Popular Courses & Diplomas
Microsoft Excel is the world’s most popular spreadsheet program. In Part 1, you will learn how to use the core features of Excel, such as…
Microsoft Office Courses
Our Microsoft Word course is designed to provide you with the essential skills you will need to be proficient in Word, in a work environment,…
Sage 50 Accounts
Sage 50 Accounts will equip you with the skills you need to get a good job in an accounts department, or to work for yourself…
Touch Typing Courses
In just 25 hours speeds of 20-40+ words per minute are perfectly achievable, even if you have little prior experience. Comprising 10 lessons, you’ll also…
Executive Personal Assistant (PA) Diploma
This diploma programme offers world-class Executive PA training. It is designed to give you the broad range of skills required to help you stand out…
Medical Secretary Courses & Diplomas
Medical Secretary Diploma
Option to gain an AMSPAR Level 2 and/or Level 3 Qualification Our Medical Secretary training is recognised as being one of the best programmes in…
Legal Secretary Courses & Diplomas
Legal Secretary Diploma with CILEx Level 2 Qualification
This diploma combines the high quality, professional training you come to expect from Pitman Training with specialist course materials from the renowned CILEx (The Chartered…
Pitman Training is led by Paul Lawrence, an experienced careers advisor who takes pride in supporting our learners to achieve their goals. Rewrite your CV professionally, have a in-depth chat about your career goals, and use Paul’s expertise and local contacts to get your dream role!
Paul has over 20 years training experience and understands what it takes to get the very best out of our learners.
A supportive hands on approach is what you can expect from the whole team in Southampton. We will support you on to success in your chosen Diploma, Award or Course, knowing the difference our training can make in both your professional and personal life, we want you to succeed.
Our team will take the time to get to know you, understand how you like to learn and what level of support you require. You will always be made to feel welcome and we will never be too busy to give you the help and support you need.
Welcome to our premier training facility, ideally situated in the heart of Southampton. Nestled in a convenient location, we offer hassle-free parking directly opposite our centre at Eastgate car park.
Upon your arrival, our warm and welcoming team will greet you and provide a comprehensive tour of our state-of-the-art training centre. Here, you’ll find a dedicated space tailored to your individual training needs, ensuring a pristine, serene, and professional environment conducive to optimal learning experiences.
Pitman Training Southampton offers superb training courses centred around your training needs.
Win that job, gain that promotion, become more efficient and productive in your current role or learn something new. With people recognising more than ever the benefit that training offers to them and their organisation, there has never been a better time to invest in yourself.
With a wide range of Diplomas, Awards, Qualifications, Certificates and Seminars, Pitman Training has the course for you.
Join today the 70% of students who achieve that promotion or secure their dream job within 6 months of completing their training with us.
This is not fluke – Pitman Training really is the difference that makes the difference. Our training centre in Southampton is rated 4.7 out of 5 based on 7 Google reviews.
Don’t forget to ask about our FREE CV service too! We will work with you to create a winning CV and then assist you in distributing it to the leading recruitment companies in the City.
Flexible, supported, learning – tailored to you
For over 187 years Pitman Training has been at the forefront of providing the very best skills employers really need. Today’s reasons for training with Pitman Training remain the same and include;
- Knowledgeable support staff to ensure you get the most from your Training.
- The ability to learn from home as well as in our well-appointed centre. Or even a mix of both! Our unique training system combines audio based study with the most comprehensive workbooks on the market.
- Our centre has extended opening hours and is open every Saturday morning ensuring that course advisors are always on hand to assist you.
- The opportunity to top up your learning with industry recognised qualifications as well as obtaining the Pitman Training Diplomas, recognised by employers across the country. Including AAT, City & Guilds (AMSPAR), IAB, OCR, BCS.
- Free, impartial careers advice ensuring that you are fully prepared as you go and get that dream job.
Our Southampton Family Includes Success Stories From All Walks Of Life
Student Success Stories
Pitman Training was a game-changer for me. I wanted to level up with Microsoft programs and have a better understanding of the legal secretary role. The courses were easy to follow, and I got quick results. Pitman Training’s flexible learning approach was a huge plus, and having a Learning Coach was awesome; they gave me great advice! Now, I’ve got top-notch Microsoft and admin skills for my CV, boosting my career confidence. Pitman Training? I’d recommend it in a heartbeat!
Sharon Beard’s Journey of Success with Pitman Training
Sharon Beard found her path to success through Pitman Training. Sharon chose to pursue the Professional Development Diploma to enhance her career prospects. Leaving school at 16 and progressing from an Admin Assistant to Branch Manager over 35 years…
Michalina Brodnicka, Web Developer Diploma
After initially studying in Poland before moving to the UK, professional chef, Michalina Brodnicka, decided to take Pitman Training’s Web Developer Diploma and put herself in a position to change careers.
Sacha gains the skills to enhance her career
Read on to find out what Sacha thought about her training with Pitman Training Chesterfield…
Pitman Training Hounslow help set Kristabel off on the right foot!
“It was a pleasant experience completing my Sage 50 Accounts certification from Pitman – Hounslow. The team was extremely helpful during the course & post my certification, actively assisted me in getting my first job in London. I would recommend their services to anyone interested in enhancing their skill set or trying to get a foothold in the country.”