A more condensed version of the longer diploma, the Event Management Award will help you gain an increased confidence in planning and running events. Great for event managers, charity fundraisers, business owners and many more roles, you’ll find this award provides many skills that can be used throughout your career.
Event organising is a very sought after role, whether in its own right or within a wider job spec. But it’s not as easy as it may first appear – and the secret is in being ultra-organised.
It’s a skill juggling multiple tasks, co-ordinating large groups of people, marketing for maximum success, and taking care of all the little details which others would forget. Have a clear plan and follow a tried and tested process and you’ll revel in the challenge.
What the award provides you with:
- Taking you through practical steps to ensure your event success, you’ll learn skills in:
- Project management – planning and executing successful events
- Organising activities with clear schedules
- Communicating effectively to get the best from your team
- Marketing your events to gain maximum attendance
- Business use of Microsoft systems, using IT to be more efficient and productive.
You can also choose to brush up your design skills to help create marketing literature, improve your speedwriting for faster note taking or develop your project management skills as a whole.
WHAT WILL YOU GET IN RETURN?
After your practical training, you’ll find an increased confidence in planning and running events, and much of the stress will be reduced as you feel more in control. You’ll have a formula to use for any events you run in this job, and in your future career. Nationally recognised by employers it also looks great on your CV.