Offered at a wide choice of training locations this seminar provides intensive tutor-led personal development training. Having completed the seminar, you will have a personalised workbook with exercises, individual notes and a concise personal action plan to ensure that the skills learnt on this course will be successfully applied when applying for a new job or promotion within your present employment. Plus you will have gained a widely recognised Pitman Training certificate.
Key topics include how to:
- Learn to identify already-acquired strengths, skills and experience
- Identify ways to present these to the best advantage in written forms
- Create compelling CVs, application forms and covering letters
- Develop strong techniques in all aspects of job applications to give you the competitive edge in the job market.
As the cornerstone of successful job hunting is an effective CV; this seminar considers CV’s in detail including:
- Why CVs are important: employer’s needs; making the CV individual; securing the interview.
- Achievements to date: what should be included, such as qualifications and experience.
- Getting the style of your CV right: avoiding the pitfalls.
In addition, we also cover:
- Researching the job: understanding the qualities required; identifying how suitable the job is for you; matching your CV to the advert.
- Researching yourself: identifying achievements and interest; emerging patterns; highlight skills and relevant experience.
- The Covering Letter – The model letter: reasons for writing; persuasive writing.
- Letter format: standard length; language; presentation.
- Good and bad letter styles.
- The Application Form – The purpose of applications forms: standard formats; easy reference.
- Completing the form: the importance of accuracy; honesty; presentation; how to use your CV in conjunction with the application form