What is a legal secretary course?
A vital role in any legal team, a legal secretary ensures the smooth running of a business by completing important admin tasks, performing legal research and liaising with clients.
When you study a legal secretary course, you learn all the essential office-based skills required to support a legal team, including computer literacy and audio transcription. You also learn all the fundamental ‘know-how’ relevant to your role, such as national and international laws, legal terms and standard procedures.
Explore our Legal Secretary Courses and Diplomas
What qualifications will I need to become a legal secretary?
While many employers seek candidates with legal secretary college course certifications or higher, at Pitman you can become a legal secretary without any formal qualifications.
Not only do all of our legal secretary qualifications provide the knowledge and experience you need to impress potential employers, but they are all CPD-certified, too. Graduates who display CPD points alongside their legal secretary training demonstrate a clear dedication to career self-development.
Why study a legal secretary course with Pitman Training?
- A legal secretary course from Pitman gives your CV a competitive edge in the legal sector.
- Our Pitman legal secretary training covers everything from the terminology of specialist legal subjects to valuable office administration skills.
- Looking to learn legal secretary courses online alongside another Pitman training module? Our legal secretary training pairs well with general office skills and secretary courses.
- At Pitman, our legal secretary courses are available online and in-centre. Those who prefer to study to become a legal secretary in-person can do so with a trusted advisor in one of our local training centres. If you prefer to learn legal secretary training online, you can do that with us, too.
- All of our legal secretary qualifications in the UK are CPD-accredited, earning you valuable CPD points that are highly regarded among employers.
- Take legal secretary courses online and in-centre at your own pace – our training modules are designed to easily slot into your schedule.
- Whether you learn online or at one of our training centres, you can always count on the support of our Pitman legal secretary course advisors to guide your learning journey.
Legal Secretary Courses Online
Here at Pitman Training, we offer a wide array of legal secretary diplomas, courses and awards across various skill levels.
If you are looking to learn about legal administration, for instance, opt for our legal secretary diploma which covers all the day-to-day duties necessary to execute the role of a legal secretary. At the end of this diploma, you earn a valuable Level 2 CILEx Legal Secretary qualification, which helps your CV stand out from other candidates.
We also offer tailored legal secretary training within our course units. Our legal audio processing course, for example, teaches the fundamentals of transcription in six legal specialisms, assisting those looking for work as a legal secretary, legal admin assistant or paralegal.
How to Start a Legal Secretary Course
To start your learning journey with Pitman Training, all you need to do is register for your chosen legal secretary course. You will then be provided with login details for myPitman, our online campus, which allows you to study effectively at home without any extra reading materials or software.
Alternatively, if you prefer the productivity of a dedicated learning environment, head down to one of our local learning centres where our course advisors are able to provide essential face-to-face guidance.
Whichever type of legal secretary certification you choose, whether online or in-centre, our experienced course advisors are with you every step of the way. Just get in touch for a free, friendly career consultation with our training experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a tutor-led training seminar a better way for you to learn?
Absolutely, tutor-led seminars, commonly known as instructor-led training sessions, offer an engaging and interactive approach to learning. Led by seasoned professionals, these sessions ensure a deeper understanding of the subject matter, providing immediate feedback and personalized attention. Whether it’s employee training or corporate skill development, these instructor-led sessions encourage direct interaction, fostering an environment conducive to active learning. At Pitman Training, our extensive collection of tutor-led training videos combines the flexibility of online learning with the live guidance of expert instructors.
Are the courses approved?
Yes our courses are accredited by awarding bodies and accepted by all employers.
When do the courses start?
We have monthly intakes for every course, please enquire to find out more.
I work nights, can I study part-time?
Yes, we recommend all our students allocate 8 to 10 hours per week. All our courses take up to 3 months to complete and our diplomas take up to 1 year.
Who will train me?
Some of our certifications are studied online using our interactive platform and some of our diplomas are conducted via online seminars.
Do I study online or at a training centre?
We offer a blended learning approach. Our courses and diplomas can be studied remotely from the comfort of your own home. You also have the option to also study in our centers if you prefer face-to-face learning.
If I fail an exam?
One re-sit is provided for our courses. However, we have a very high pass rates in completing the assessments.
Can I pay back over a period of time?
Yes, we offer various payment plans up to 36 months to help split the cost over a manageable period of time.
What is the cost?
Our costs vary for our courses and diplomas and start from as little as £20 per month over a 36-month payment plan period. Fill in the form to find out more.
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include: –
- Flexible payment plans to help you spread the cost* available at many of our centres;
- You could opt to pay upfront.
Requesting funding from your employers needn’t be a daunting task. Many employers support and encourage their employees with their professional development and consider it a worthwhile investment to fund any training required.
What we can help with:
- Providing a comprehensive training programme outlining learning outcomes
- Tailored personnel letters
- Communication with finance departments to arrange payment options (upfront or payment plan*).
Funding & Grants:
There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. These include the Skills Development Scotland ITAs and the ReAct programme in Wales. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by each individual centre.
We’d recommend you speak to a Course Advisor in your local centre to find out whether they are registered to offer any such schemes and discuss your requirements further.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you.
A great diploma that can help open the doors to a variety of careers thanks to its unique tailor-made set up. You could work towards any number of office administration type careers in roles such as Medical Secretary, Legal Secretary, PA, EA or Office Manager. Alternatively, you could utilise the skills gained to kick-start a rewarding career in an accounting role with positions such as Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant or Finance Assistant.