In-person and Online Communication Courses
Effective communication is key to a successful career. In the workplace, it will help you to manage a team and enhance your reputation. Training in communication can teach you how to speak in the workplace to get your ideas across. This will help make work easier and more productive. Thus, this training is vital for career development.
Pitman Training offers essential communication courses online and in-centre. For tips on communication in the workplace, read The Art of Communication.
Explore our Communications Courses
It is a common mistake to believe that good communication is an innate ability. In reality, anyone can learn it.
Pitman’s training in communication shows you how to improve your skills. You will learn practical techniques and practice confidence-building exercises. Further, our online and in-centre training advisors provide guidance throughout your training. You should choose Pitman Training for several reasons:
- UK employers respect our programmes and diplomas. This gives a competitive edge to those who take our communication courses.
- Our range of communications training courses covers it all. From conflict management to presentation skills, we have a course to suit your needs. Courses in communication often pair well with project management and HR training.
- You can locate our training centres all around the UK, with courses running all year long. If you prefer to improve your skills at home, you can study Pitman’s courses in communication online.
- All our Pitman communications training courses are CPD-accredited. This earns you valuable CPD points that employers hold in high regard.
- Take communication skills training anytime you like. Whether it is full-time or part-time, you can study at your own pace on a flexible schedule.
- No matter what you study, there’s always help on hand. Communications course advisors offer support from your local Pitman training centres. They can assist you whether you train online or in-centre.
What do courses in business communication teach?
Our courses teach effective communication skills. These skills are useful in all kinds of work situations. Our communication skills courses give you the ability to:
- Build good working relations.
- Overcome the fear of public speaking.
- Identify and de-escalate workplace conflict.
- Manage both internal and external workplace communications, such as emails and video calls.
- Lead meetings using technology and visual aids.
- Learn the importance of body language and how you can use it to convey your message.
Pitman’s courses and seminars build confidence and self-awareness. This in turn will increase productivity. We have a variety of course options to boost your skillset. Effective Business Communication course will give you a strong foundation. This course teaches you how to communicate in the workplace. We also offer lessons to assist you with presentations. The Presentation Skills seminar helps you conquer social anxiety and deliver engaging presentations. For online job roles, we also offer an Effective Online Communication course. This course covers the dos and don’ts of email, social media, and video conferencing.
For a few tips to help you communicate at work, check out our blog. Let’s Talk Communication Skills is a helpful guide that gives a preview of all the courses.
Once you’ve signed up for training, tracking course progress is easy with myPitman. Log in and pick up where you left off with your communication skills training.
We have tons of options for online or in-centre communication training. Our experienced course advisors are with you every step of the way. Get in touch for a free, friendly career consultation with our training experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a tutor-led training seminar a better way for you to learn?
Absolutely, tutor-led seminars, commonly known as instructor-led training sessions, offer an engaging and interactive approach to learning. Led by seasoned professionals, these sessions ensure a deeper understanding of the subject matter, providing immediate feedback and personalized attention. Whether it’s employee training or corporate skill development, these instructor-led sessions encourage direct interaction, fostering an environment conducive to active learning. At Pitman Training, our extensive collection of tutor-led training videos combines the flexibility of online learning with the live guidance of expert instructors.
Are the courses approved?
Yes our courses are accredited by awarding bodies and accepted by all employers.
When do the courses start?
We have monthly intakes for every course, please enquire to find out more.
I work nights, can I study part-time?
Yes, we recommend all our students allocate 8 to 10 hours per week. All our courses take up to 3 months to complete and our diplomas take up to 1 year.
Who will train me?
Some of our certifications are studied online using our interactive platform and some of our diplomas are conducted via online seminars.
Do I study online or at a training centre?
We offer a blended learning approach. Our courses and diplomas can be studied remotely from the comfort of your own home. You also have the option to also study in our centers if you prefer face-to-face learning.
If I fail an exam?
One re-sit is provided for our courses. However, we have a very high pass rates in completing the assessments.
Can I pay back over a period of time?
Yes, we offer various payment plans up to 36 months to help split the cost over a manageable period of time.
What is the cost?
Our costs vary for our courses and diplomas and start from as little as £20 per month over a 36-month payment plan period. Fill in the form to find out more.
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include: –
- Flexible payment plans to help you spread the cost* available at many of our centres;
- You could opt to pay upfront.
Requesting funding from your employers needn’t be a daunting task. Many employers support and encourage their employees with their professional development and consider it a worthwhile investment to fund any training required.
What we can help with:
- Providing a comprehensive training programme outlining learning outcomes
- Tailored personnel letters
- Communication with finance departments to arrange payment options (upfront or payment plan*).
Funding & Grants:
There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. These include the Skills Development Scotland ITAs and the ReAct programme in Wales. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by each individual centre.
We’d recommend you speak to a Course Advisor in your local centre to find out whether they are registered to offer any such schemes and discuss your requirements further.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you.
A great diploma that can help open the doors to a variety of careers thanks to its unique tailor-made set up. You could work towards any number of office administration type careers in roles such as Medical Secretary, Legal Secretary, PA, EA or Office Manager. Alternatively, you could utilise the skills gained to kick-start a rewarding career in an accounting role with positions such as Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant or Finance Assistant.