Is this for you?
This course is for anyone with some basic touch typing experience who wishes to increase their speed and accuracy levels.
Award and Associated Qualifications
About this course
Touch-typing is a skill in high demand, but choosing the right touch typing training is vital. Ours is the very best – and the Pitman Training name on your CV is worth its weight in gold.
The typaz software works with you and adjusts automatically to your individual learning path and the course workbook lets you keep the information from your touch typing lessons for reference; a handy guide to your step-by-step progress.
You can progress even further if you move on to our Effective Business Communication or Microsoft Office courses. Pitman Training also offers a comprehensive range of specialist secretarial diplomas that can help maximise your career and earning potential, such as our highly respected Secretarial Diploma.
– The high-end learning material is: Numeric Keypad Lessons, Accuracy Challenge, Speed Challenge, Advanced Challenge, ‘The Planets’. The course lasts up to 15 hours, although the actual duration will vary from individual to individual, based on prior skills and application.
– Artificial intelligence built into the software creates a learning path tailored to each individual.
– Comprehensive, easy to understand accuracy and speed feedback.
The ability to touch type at high speed and accuracy. Outcomes will vary dependent on the application of the individual, but words per minute of between around 40-60+ words are achievable.
We would recommend that you already have some existing, proven touch typing abilities. For example if you have studied the first typaz course, this would be an excellent next step.
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include: –
- Flexible payment plans to help you spread the cost* available at many of our centres;
- You could opt to pay upfront.
- Providing a comprehensive training programme outlining learning outcomes
- Tailored personnel letters
- Communication with finance departments to arrange payment options (upfront or payment plan*).
Company Funded:Requesting funding from your employers needn’t be a daunting task. Many employers support and encourage their employees with their professional development and consider it a worthwhile investment to fund any training required.
What we can help with:
Funding & Grants:There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. These include the Skills Development Scotland ITAs and the ReAct programme in Wales. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by each individual centre.
We’d recommend you speak to a Course Advisor in your local centre to find out whether they are registered to offer any such schemes and discuss your requirements further.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you.
We know that administrative careers require a good level of touch typing ability due to the nature of the work that is undertaken, but touch typing is a skill that can be utilised and beneficial in many careers. So whether you’re a Medical Secretary, PA, EA or an Accountant, Manager or MD, learning how to touch type will see you reap the rewards in time saved and increased productivity.