What do secretaries and receptionists do?
Along with greeting visitors, receptionists are tasked with office-based tasks, from ordering supplies to making travel arrangements.
Secretaries, on the other hand, involve themselves in the more administration-based tasks of a business, such as data entry and filing.
What qualifications does a secretary or receptionist need?
You can get started with a career in administration having no experience in reception work, although some knowledge in related areas is beneficial. A good understanding of English, numeracy skills, and IT skills are also useful. Our secretarial training courses provide students with the essential skills and knowledge needed to succeed in administrative roles.
Why choose Pitman Training for secretarial courses & receptionist courses?
- Recruiters recognise Pitman Training as a school of excellence. When you add a Pitman qualification to your CV, you are immediately considered a cut above the rest.
- Our range of secretarial and receptionist courses covers everything from minute-taking to telephone techniques and administrative training.
- Our seminars and online secretarial courses are ideal for anyone who wants to brush up on their administrative skills.
- You can combine your secretary and receptionist training with a related Pitman Training course to enhance your skills and improve your employability.
- Our secretary and receptionist training centres can be found across the UK with secretary courses online running all year long. Our training options are flexible, and we can accommodate remote study if you would prefer to learn administration skills at home.
- You can choose to train anytime you like. Whether it is full-time or part-time, you enjoy a flexible schedule that fits your timetable.
Careers in secretarial and receptionist work
- With a Pitman Training qualification, you can join an entry-level position in any administrative role. Alternatively, add your new skills to your CV to raise your profile for related careers.
- Secretaries and receptionists can expect to earn upwards of £15,000. If you choose to work as a personal assistant, executive secretary, or office manager, you can earn significantly more with a secretarial/receptionist diploma.
Secretarial and receptionist courses available
Our courses also provide learners with the essential administration skills needed to develop in related disciplines. Additional courses, such as minute-taking, telephone techniques, touch typing, and shorthand courses are also beneficial when applying for administrative positions.
Upcoming Professional Receptionist workshop
- 10 May 2023
- 16 August 2023
- 16 November 2023
Whichever secretary course you choose, whether online or in-centre, our experienced course tutors are with you every step of the way.
Have a question? Just contact us for a free, friendly career consultation with our training experts.